Mar. 05, Online: 2-5 EST, 11-2 PST
Janina Fisher: The IFS Therapist’s Guide to Understanding Trauma and Dissociation
July 09, Online: 2-5 EST, 11-2 PST
Dick Schwartz: Stop Killing the Messenger – IFS and Chronic Pain
Please click on the image to go to the Stepping Out Online IFS Course for Gay Men
16 Weeks, 3 hours/week
Stepping Stone Online IFS Course – 16 Weeks, 3 hours/week
This course runs next in September. Please consider the 4-Day intensive in May (details below) or use the contact form on this site to indicate interest in the September classes. Pre-registration will occur mid-June for those on the interest list. Regular registration for any spots still available will start in July.
Please click on the image below for a brief video from participants
Learn the model as you experience Supervised Small Practice Groups and Consultation sessions. You will also be able to watch videos of annotated sessions and participate in a live demo. The course has a comprehensive manual and many hours of didactic teaching with Q&A.
For more information Click Here
4-Day IFS Online Intensive: Developing Skills and Competencies
May 25-28, 2021 10-5 EST
Gay Male Therapists: Introduction to Internal Family Systems
May 29, 11-6 EST; 8-3 PST Online
Internal Family Systems is rapidly becoming recognised as the most powerful and effective therapy of our time because it unfailingly delivers what clients are seeking: permanent changes in the personality system resulting in less extreme thoughts, feelings and behaviours and a greater sense of peace and contentment.
Gay men who train as mental health professionals usually do so in an environment dominated by heterosexuals that can at times feel unsafe, or less supportive than when we are with community.
This one-day introduction to the model is open to men who identify as gay and are therapists, counsellors, sacred intimates, coaches, psychologists, psychiatrists or other health professionals who work 1:1 with clients.
Through didactic teaching, demonstrations and experiential exercises you will:
- be invited to recognise that there is nothing wrong with you… or me… or any of us
- understand the basics of the IFS model including the 3 types of parts we typically encounter in session, and introduce the concept of Self energy
- learn how to be a”parts detector”
- have an understanding of working with Protectors, your own Therapist parts, and “unburdening” the “Exiles”
- understand how the model may be applied to specific concerns and populations: gender identity, trauma, couples, addiction, control freaks, grief
- witness a demonstration of the model
- be able to ask as many questions as you need
- recognise “Self” as the Inner Attachment figure
- gain clarity on how to facilitate the client’s Self as the agent for healing internal distress
Cost for the day: USD $125 + 4% PayPal fee; Students USD $60 + 4%; Unemployed/Working Poor USD $30 + 4%
Please click on the PayPal button below. Payment is your registration. It is non-refundable. You will be sent the Zoom link within 48 hours of registering. If you have not received it by then please click here to contact Derek Scott.